I don't know about you, but my kids and I are always on the lookout for more wonderful books for children. The preschoolers love being read to, but they don't sit to listen to just any book. They want a great book.
Here's a list of five favorite books for children my own kids adore.
5 Great books for Children
1. The Story about Ping by Marjorie Flack and Kurt Wiese is the story of a duck living on a riverboat on the Yangtse River. It's not only a beloved story to read with your children, but it gives a glimpse into riverboat life on the Yangtse River. My own children loved it so much, my older children recently checked it out just to share with their younger siblings.
2. Fancy Nancy and the Wedding of the Century by Jane O'Conner is about a little girl who loves being fancy. She wears fancy clothing and loves the fancy lifestyle. In this book she finds herself attending her uncle's wedding and dealing with the fact that while dreams and reality don't match, non-fancy weddings can be just as much fun as fancy ones.
3. Dino Pets Go to School by Lynn Plourde is a lively book about the problems you have when you take dinosaur pets to school for pet day. There are a few issues that arise with dinosaurs at school.
4. Birdie's Big-Girl Dress by Sujean Rim is a fun book about a little girl who outgrows her party dress on the eve of her 5th birthday. While she and her mommy go shopping but no dress is just right. What is a little girl to do?
5. How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague gives a lively discussion on how children should go to bed at night. My children enjoy hearing this story at night.
These are fabulous books for children, and I hope you and your children enjoy these books as much as my children and I have.
What are your favorite books for children?